Thursday, December 11, 2008

One Big Thirdstep

©2008 Joan M. Newcomb
I've been working with Eileen Murray, www.thelivingconnection.com who does Akashic Records readings. As I was consulting with her about the changes in my life she kept repeating the message (and I paraphrase) to surrender into the Transcendence. And it reminded me of two slogans:

Turn It Over
and
Let Go and Let God

I've always said that nothing ever happens to you that you ultimately can't handle, but sometimes something occurs that feels overwhelming. That's when it's comforting to know that you can rely on an intelligence greater than yourself (although I'm coming to believe it really is my Expanded Self).

She led me through a meditation that helped me open up and feel this Transpersonal Love flow into me; I felt it coming in behind me, into my upper back and head. Wrapped in it, I felt all the strong emotions fade away and knew that everything was going to be all right.

I spent the remainder of the day with a sense of inner clarity. Although the future is uncertain, resting into this energy reassures me that all is very, very well.

Today I'm noticing the old feelings surfacing, but I realize that they're not mine. It's sad to see people who don't have this connection, especially at this time. They feel lost and fearful. They take the prevalent reality as real. Their only option is to suffer or rage or be depressed. It's too bad, because regardless of the economy, global warming, the war or whatever else is in the headlines, serenity is possible. Peace is just a turnaround thought away.

Whenever faced with a crisis (which really isn't a crisis but just another life event) I've found help in the first three Twelve Steps. Which are, basically, "I can't, God (or whatever you define as God) can, I think I'll let God". It helps to slow down and focus on the next indicated thing. Since I can't control the outer circumstances, or other people, I'll just work on myself. I'll respond to whatever requires responding, but I also know I often wait 24 hours before I do.

Anyway, the big lesson for me is to strengthen my partnership with Spirit/Source/whatever you'd like to call It. When I'm in agreement with It, then all things fall into place. Which leads me to the Serenity Prayer -
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change (everything outside of myself). The courage to change the things I can (me). And the wisdom to know the difference.

I'm not big on prayer, although I do have favorites (The Serenity Prayer and the Prayer of St. Francis are among them), I usually just have conversations with the Universe, whom I like to call 'Hey U'. But prayer does have the powerful energy of invocation, so can be helpful at times when a normal connection with the Infinite
isn't possible. We each have a inner cellular connection, but sometimes there's emotional interference. It's helpful to know the Other Party can hear us, even if we can't hear Them.

At those times, you just have to go forward, one moment at a time. That's what Faith is, trusting in the unseen, trusting in the unknown, and knowing that, ultimately, all is very, very well.

No comments: