Friday, November 30, 2012

God's Wholly People.


©2012 Joan M Newcomb

Someone shared a Bible Quote poster on Facebook, and although the point was a good one, it started with "God Chose You to be the Holy People" or something like that.  There are so MANY lies in that concept, where do I begin?

God didn't choose one people to be holy.  People ARE holy.  EVERYONE and EVERYTHING is Divine Consciousness.

Imagine if we didn't have religious wars.  Imagine if we didn't have religious legislation.  "Sin" is a mistranslation - the original word was a term in archery that means 'missing the mark'.  IMAGINE the world without the concept of sin!

Imagine if we acknowledged our Inner Divinity.  Imagine if we acknowledged EVERYONE's Inner Divinity.

You are Spirit.  You are Essentially wise and capable.  I trust you to navigate your life, make your own decisions, have your own adventures.  

I AM Spirit.  I am wise and capable.  I trust myself to navigate life, make my own decisions, have my own adventures.

It doesn't mean that neither of us make mistakes.  It's human to live by trial and error.  The most brilliant discoveries happen by accidents.  A wrong turn leads you into a scenic route on your life's road trip.

What it does mean is, if you're my child, if you're my spouse, if you're my friend, if you're my parent, if you're my neighbor, I trust you to make the best decisions for your life and your loved ones.  

In this model, *everyone* gets to be powerful.  Because true power doesn't come from outside, doesn't come from dominating others.  True power is inside, it's em-powering.  When you're empowered, you don't need to make others do anything, or take anything from others.  You're not fearful that others will make you do anything or take anything from you.

It's okay for everyone to be different, and there's enough for everyone.

You are whole, capable and resourceful.  And so is everyone else.

For the next 7 days, try these ideas on.  Pick a sentence (or three) from this essay that stood out for you, or that struck a nerve.  Let it float on the edge of your consciousness as you go about your days, and see what revelations show up.

It may just start a ripple effect that changes your whole life!

No comments: