Friday, July 14, 2017

Getting Out of Your Discomfort Zone

Getting Out of Your Discomfort Zone ©2017 Joan M. Newcomb, CPC

One of the things I've discovered, as everything is breaking down and reorganizing, is that often what is required is the complete opposite of whatever has worked before.

Tried and true techniques and systems are no longer effective. Things that were absolutely the wrong thing to do in my old practice is the absolute right thing to do in my new practice.

So, for instance, something has been going on today - I've been feeling a very high, vibrational frequency in/on the top of my head. In the old days I would have judged this as bad. I would have thought someone was invading my space. I would have wrestled with this energy all day long.

Now, what it feels like isn't bad. Nor is it invasive. I'm not really sure what it is. Is it a female energy in my head? Or is it a download of something new? Heck, maybe it's just that I've been drinking jasmine green tea today instead of earl grey.

In the old days I would have absolutely had to know where it's coming from and what to do about it.

Instead, I've just gone about my day, noticing what is different. And pretty much everything about today has been different, starting with this energy. I'm curious to see what unfolds from this.

What this reminds me of, is someone who went to one of my Meetups and did the walking through doors to parallel universes. The next day I talked with her, she'd taken medicine for vertigo. "Is it unpleasant?" I asked.  Turned out it wasn't vertigo, but that wavy feeling of expansion that happens when you play on this level of Consciousness.

A couple went to my cohost Janet's meetup in Portland, and then they went dancing afterwards. Her husband had a difficult time because he felt too 'lightheaded'. Hmm. Not really surprising after major transformational energy work.

Rather than resisting or turning away from new sensations, I turn towards them. I move more deeply into something rather than trying to get it out of my space.

Moving through the world in this new way of being requires being improvisational. Requires not knowing. Requires curiosity.

If something isn't working for you, then it's time to do something else. But don't mistake discomfort as an indicator that something is wrong.

Birthing a new self doesn't have to be hard. Just breathe through it. Sometimes action is required, but sometimes that may look like taking a walk. Or a nap. Maybe it's just to stop doing whatever it is that isn't working, and wait to see what emerges instead.

When you stop trying to make things fit within your comfort zone, then what manifests can be bigger than you can imagine.

No comments: