Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Holidays as a Holigraphic Reality

©2007 Joan M. Newcomb

The holidays are a highly charged time of year. We are bombarded with expectations by the media, our family, our culture and our religion. You should be spending a lot of money (whether you have it or not). You should be with family (whether you have them, or like them, or not). You should be celebrating Christmas, or Channukah, or Kwanzaa.

On top of that, in many places in the Northern Hemisphere, the days are shorter, the light is less bright, and the weather is often challenging. It's often a time of endings and beginnings as well. Many beings choose to leave their bodies around holiday times - perhaps there's a special energy vortex that occurs then which makes it easier to shift between worlds.

It's a time that brings up memories, so if you're not struggling with the present reality, you can be struggling with the past!

I'm finding it helpful to remember that reality is a hologram, like Star Trek the Next Generation's Holodeck, and I may temporarily have forgotten that I program the computer! My thoughts and perceptions create my experience. If I'm dwelling on memories, my world may seem in black and white (or sepia). If I'm resisting outside expectations, then it may feel that I'm on the wrong movie set. I'm empathic and telepathic, so that happens frequently anyway.

If things get particularly intense, I'll have a 'meeting with my screenwriters' (I believe I have non-physical assistance at hand in creating my hologram, devic set builders, assistant directors, and the like). I'll remind them that I prefer romantic comedies to soap operas or dramas. Then I sit back and watch the story line shift.

I can also reframe my experience while I'm actually interacting with others. I think of it as a scene, and then decide I can go off-script and improvise. It steps me out of knee-jerk reactions and helps me have some detached amusement in situations.

What's really interesting is how the cast of characters change. If you start living a romantic comedy, then those dramatic actors just seem to fade to cameo appearances. Or their personalities change to fit the script!

The thing about this approach is that you aren't staying up all night writing the script (although you may be consulting with the writers while you're asleep) and you aren't directing all the actors in your scene - you can leave that to your Higher Self. This way you have the freedom just to step into each succeeding scenario, notice the action taking place and respond however you wish. You are the master performer of your life and the only one who truly knows your character. Realize that you have an entourage of support on the non-physical plane and that whenever you call on them, they will come through for you. You have an acting coach (good for going to your husband's office party, or dinner with the in-laws), you have a costumer (someone to talk to as you're waking up in the morning and you will instantly know the best clothes in your wardrobe for an event). You even have a Personal Assistant who can go ahead and line up your day for you. And all you have to do is relax and enjoy your life!

No comments: