Friday, August 28, 2009

Time and Expansion

(c) 2009 Joan M. Newcomb

I'm visiting my 83 year old mother for two weeks. It's always an interesting experience, coming back here to Washington DC. I lived here for about 1/3 of my childhood and have no emotional connection to this place. And it's such a different environment than where I live now. This is the hub of government and politics. And I live on an island near Seattle. Two completely different worlds.

Have you ever noticed that when you go home, that it seems smaller than when you remembered it as a kid? Or if you step into an elderly person's home, you feel like you stepped back in time?

You can say that of course the place seems smaller because you're an adult now. Except I've been this height since I was 13, so that can't exactly be it. Or an older person's home is furnished in the style of when they were more active or prosperous, so of course it remains that way. However that's only one aspect of it.

As a clairvoyant, I notice that it's easier to read the past than the future, because the past is denser and the future is more diffuse. Vibrationally, the energy of the past is slower and the energy of the future is lighter. It's harder to detect the future because my physical vehicle isn't at that energy level yet. It's like a computer being able to read (some) older software but not being able to handle newer technology.

I wonder if things seem smaller here because they're more molecularly dense?

The atmosphere in my mother's house is contracted as well. Some of this may be that she's lived here since 1987. It's also in a city, so blinds are closed or drapes are drawn for privacy. And she has macular degeneration in one eye, so her vision is limited and at 83 isn't as spry as she once was.

However, I'm wondering how much her physical limitations contribute to this and how much is energetic. So I'm trying an experiment. I'm going to meditate daily and simply use the energy of Present Time to clear the atmosphere.

My intention for this visit is to have her make some decisions before decisions are made for her. She's stubborn and independent, fearful, a champion procrastinator and a major packrat. There's no way to coax or cajole her into moving. I figured if I spent two weeks here I might help her organize some of her piles and help her feel like moving is possible.

It doesn't matter what age you are, if there are parts of you that are fixed and not moving (or barely moving) it's going to manifest as a block in your life in some way. If you have physical problems, you can trace them back to something got stuck two years or more ago (sometimes this is actually thoughts or concepts rather than something that physically happened). The same goes for finances - financial blocks come from the same source. And relationships.

It can be very painful to change these things in conventional ways. Imagine staying crouched in one position for a long period of time. It hurts to stand up straight, even though standing up ultimately feels better!

However if you start with energy, change can happen easily and effortlessly.


Maintaining my own higher energy level, and clearing the energy of the house, I'm curious to see what happens.

This is more than Feng Shui (the Asian practice regarding energy flow through buildings). I'm not going to place a mirror here or hang a flute there or put bamboo in a particular corner (although all those things could certainly help and I could probably persuade my mother to try one or two of them). I'm not going to physically move anything, but just work energetically.

I'm anticipating that she'll find it easier to go through the piles when the energy is cleared. And as the energy clears, she'll find it easier to make decisions.

I'll write about my own discoveries next week.

Notice where the energy flows in your own life and where it doesn't. What 'piles' have you got there? What rocks are in your stream? As an experiment in your own life try gently, effortlessly, try bringing light into these places. Imagine what Present Time must look or feel like. To me it's clear, almost translucent, sunlight. It feels as subtle as a breeze on your face.

And notice what happens!

No comments: