Friday, February 13, 2015

My Valentine's to U(niverse)

My Valentine's to U(niverse) ©2015 Joan M. Newcomb

Nothing like writing an article about Valentine's day on Friday the 13th...
When I was trying to come up with a catchy title for this article, I thought about doing an anagram on the word love. Evol sounds more like 'evil' than evolve.  It just goes to show that this is a planet of dichotomies.  The physical realm is the opposite of who we really are as Consciousness.  Or is it?

I've written a fair amount on Love, and just did a great Conscious Conversations radio show on the topic. I've experienced falling in love, being in love, loving pets, people, places and things, Love directly with Source.

I think the first time I fully felt the impact of unconditional Love with another human being was when I looked into the eyes of my newborn son. It was a being-to-being opening to something greater in the Universe. Just thinking about that moments shifts me to that infinite connection.
Universal Love

What I notice, when dropping down into that heart connection, is that the world becomes brighter and more clearly in-focus. I truly sense the essential life connection in every surrounding atom and molecule.

As I write about this now, it reminds me of when my mother died. The world became brighter in that same way, as if her life-essence had directly transferred into all the surrounding atoms and molecules.

I know that this world is created from Love, that Consciousness *is* Love, and that is the essential energy behind all of manifestation. I just never realized the link between these experiences, my first direct experience of birth and my first direct experience of death, and Love.

Now, my relationship with my firstborn hasn't been all hearts and flowers. There have been some extremely painful challenges. I had dysfunctional family patterns come up and at times I was a terrible parent. There are things I'll be making amends to him for the rest of our lives. And, there is, inside, a deep, intense, ever-lasting and unconditional Love for this kid (for both my kids), that is the being-to-being connection that transcends the storyline and personalities involved.

Similarly, my relationship with my mother wasn't perfect, although I never resented her not protecting me or not being stronger. The last two years of her life, caretaking her as she had Alzheimer's and cancer, was incredibly difficult.  It aged me physically, took it's toll on my business, and contributed to losing my house. And, the bigger and more important thing, it was an act of Love to midwife her back to Spirit.

With both my kids, I noticed a buildup of Love just prior to their conception.  It was the Being coming into focus in preparation to incarnate into form.

Consciousness *is* Love.  You, as Essence, *are* Consciousness.  YOU are Love.  No matter what is going on in the story of your life, You are Love.  The lifeforce energy that creates and inhabits all matter, is Love.

Imagine bringing your full force of Awareness into your form, imagine your energy coming back from all areas of attention, past, future, all dimensions.Then, from within your space, imagine you radiating Love outwards.

Spend Valentine's Day weekend emanating Love.  Any areas you feel are lacking, imbue them with Love.

Try this for the next 7 days and see how your life unfolds!


No comments: