Friday, November 17, 2017

Should You Speak Or Be Silent?

Should You Speak Or Be Silent ©2017 Joan M. Newcomb, CPC

My husband is a devout Buddhist and he rescues every spider from our house and gently places it outside. I haven't the heart to tell him that some spiders are outdoor spiders and some are indoor spiders. Placing an indoor spider outside is sentencing it to a slower death than if he'd just let me vacuum the sucker.

Today I drove past a car on our street with it's lights on. I assumed that they'd just run into their house briefly, or that they had those kind of headlights that gradually turn off after you get out.  But when I came back home an hour later, the lights were still on.  Normally I would have stopped and knocked on the door, but I had to be on the air with my radio show in 15 minutes.

These are mild examples compared to what we're seeing in the news. People speaking up about assault or unacceptable behavior, sometimes years after the abuse happened. We're in a new era of increased light. Things that were hidden are now exposed. People aren't staying silent any more.

I've shared a lot on my family history, but not all. Do I speak now or be silent? Some of the major players are dead. Some of the participants are not.

Until we see our past in a new light, we may not realize we grew up with domestic violence. We may not realized we were assaulted. Being swatted with a bare hand may not seem abusive to someone who was hit with a cane in their own childhood. Verbal abuse is invisible, except it leaves a mark on your soul.

Sometimes this is denial, sometimes it's being uninformed. But as we collectively become more enlightened, it's hard to stay ignorant.

Reading the news as people come forward telling of being groped as teenagers, it's hard to imagine how anyone could think that was ok. Until you realize the age of consent in the US used to be 10 to 12 years old, during the "pioneer days" in the 1800's.

At this point I take a deep breath and step back. Rather than experiencing all of this from the middle of the news and emotionality, what is this like from the perspective of Consciousness?

I shift my viewpoint from my body/personality which grew up with all of these experiences, to the expanded view of Consciousness. As Consciousness, I exist outside of time and space, I am aware of all humanity and it's interweaving patterns. I see their histories for what they are. Stories.

I see the emotions for what they are. Colors to the stories, musical notes to the symphony.

I see the historical layers of the patterns rising up in peoples' awarenesses.

And I see that everyone is Consciousness creating all of this. Everyone is creating their storylines, Everyone is both Essence and Personality.

I can speak up if I want to, if I feel motivated to. And I can be silent if I don't want to contribute to the drama. And things don't need to be said out loud, to be heard.

I can also communicate to others as Consciousness. I can communicate with those who have passed (it's like a bad cell phone connection, they're easier to talk with just harder to hear) this way. And I can also talk to those who would not hear me in person. As Consciousness they already know.

As Consciousness this is a new phase of increased light coming into form, illuminating the darkness, disintegrating that which is not in integrity with it. As Body/Personalities we are feeling this seismic shift as those things we've resisted are being release.

As Consciousness it's exhilarating. As Body/Personality it's exhausting. This is where we, as Consciousness, can step in and parent our body/personality. We can lovingly care for our "smaller selves" during this turbulent time.

Should you speak or be silent? As Consciousness you know the answer.




No comments: