Sunday, September 26, 2021

When Going Down Is Actually Up

When Going Down Is Actually Up ©2021 Joan M. Newcomb, CPC

When my husband and I were in the early years of our marriage, things were not going well. It's a huge adjustment being married in your late forties, and he struggled with depression. I tried all sorts of different things, energy work as well as couple's therapy and it didn't seem to work. Although megadoses of Vitamin D helped with the depression.

I stepped into universes where it was unfolding in both our favors. I stepped into universes where I had a 'different Darren'.

And then my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and I ended up in Washington, DC, caring for her. Shortly after I left, my husband's mother fell gravely ill and he moved her into our guest room. So we were almost 3,000 miles away from each other, each caring for our mothers.

He definitely had it harder, as within a few months his mother went on home hospice and died, with no help from his siblings and minimal help from Hospice.

Then he came out to Washington DC to help me with my mother as by that time I'd been there a year. We were there together, camping in her basement rec room with our two dogs, for almost another year before helping her pass at home.

Things got worse before they got better, the unfolding in both our favors didn't happen instantaneously. And I couldn't have foreseen from the outset where we would end up. I ended up with a 'different Darren', with a happy and stable relationship, the one constant in the midst of everything else going on in the storyline today.

I think about this because I did something similar for my son back in 2016, stepped into a parallel universe where it was unfolding in all our favors) and within 6 months he'd bought his own home, was in a relationship, and things looked good for the first time since college. But since then things have roller coastered, and we're in one of those stretches where it seems on the outside that it's going to crash and burn. But possibly, just possibly, it's on it's way to getting better.

Sometimes you have to bottom out, to face plant on the sidewalk, in order to turn around and get up.

And I'm sad. Because, similar to my husband going through the horrific time of helping his mother die in our house while I was in Washington, DC, I'm now in New York three weeks of the month. My brother is disabled from a stroke and his wife has inoperable breast cancer. So I have limited ability to help.

Meanwhile, my other son who lives in Spain is finally having a wedding ceremony. We were there in March of 2020 when Madrid shut down the day before it was scheduled and things have finally opened up enough for them to hold it. It's going to be a Grande, Skinny, Spanish wedding with a couple hundred of her relatives and my husband and myself. It breaks my heart my other son won't be there, he developed a life threatening blod clot in his leg they discovered last week. 

So look at all the different stories in this blog post/Ezine article. So many stories. So many difficulties. So much pain and anguish.

There's a standard format to Hollywood movies that a character has to die in the first part of the film. And in any novel there has to be conflict, an antagonist to a protagonist. It just wouldn't be interesting if it was all hearts and flowers.

As Consciousness we're infinite, there's no limitations, there's no death, it's all joy. Consciousness creates reality to experience the opposite of what it is. The physical is meant to be dense, bodies require effort just to get up out of chairs.

When we navigate as our bodies, all we feel is resistance. When we navigate as Consciousness, we can steer ourselves around the rocks in our rivers.

In Consciousness, it's a benevolent universe. To Consciousness everything is unfolding in all our favors. As Consciousness, you inherently know all is very, very well.



No comments: