Monday, May 10, 2010

Blaze Your Own Trail

(c) 2010 Joan M. Newcomb, CPC

On the day that this Ezine goes out, I'm going to be at Disneyland with my friend Nancy, who works there and is also a 'Phase 2 Player'.  It will add a whole different dimension of magic to the Magical Kingdom!

The day I'm writing this is also my day I allot for my Matrix Energetics practice.  I did distance sessions for an 83 year old woman with macular degeneration, knee and memory problems, a 23 year old man with miasm challenges, and an 8 year old dog with a tumor in it's ear.  The dog was the easiest client - just 2 point it to a Parallel Universe where it has no ear problems and it's rolling on it's back asking for it's tummy to be scratched!

Why go to the Magic Kingdom when I get to do magic for a living?

It occurred to me the other day, when I bumped up against the reality of other family members, how different my life is now from what it was when I first started on this path.  It's not just a road less traveled, to paraphrase Robert Frost; in some ways it's a road never traveled!  When I came to where two roads diverged, I got out the machete and blazed my own trail.

When did I start doing this?  At birth, I suspect.  But it became more apparent as I hit different ages, notably 14, 15, 18, 21, 36, 38, 44...

We create our realities from before we're born.  I used to have the image of us lined up to register for life lessons.  The more capable we are, the more challenging schedule we sign up for.  We enroll in 8 Honors/Advance Placement classes, three different clubs and sports, and an afternoon job.  Then we incarnate and realize that life isn't High School; it's college!

So then we whine but secretly boast about the amount of our homework from in Alcoholic Family of Origin 401, AP Body Imperfections, and extra credit Financial Issues.  Because we forgot we were the Infinite Being that designed the curriculum in the first place!

The great thing about Life (or Adventures In Density & Effort, as I choose to call it) is that we can break out of the patterns we created ourselves to be born into.  It's not dropping our or failing a grade, that's all the illusion of karmic progression.  We're already Infinite, there's nothing we need to learn, we're really just auditing these classes for fun!

What's *really* fun, and much more challenging, is to do something completely different (to paraphrase Monty Python)!

When you look at what's not working in your life, at what you struggle with most, usually it's something outside of yourself.  It's the illusion that other people, places and things have power over you.  And the Truth is, there is no power out there.

This morning I read a cute story about parents whose daughter had transitioned from a crib to a 'big-girl bed'.  For several mornings afterwards, she'd call to her parents to let her out.  She was no longer in a crib with barriers high off the ground, but hadn't realized it yet!  One day, they heard the pitter-patter of her little feet scampering down the hall to their bedroom.  Her imagined restrictions had dissolved and she knew she could get out of bed without any help!

How often do we walk around with inner limitations?  Thinking we're stuck on one path just because everyone else has trod that way as well?

The world hasn't and doesn't come to an end when you take a different route!  In fact, the Universe supports you blazing your own trail in amazing ways.  And when you do, you feel tremendously empowered and a sense of deep inner satisfaction.

Your assignment this week, if you so choose, it to make different choices!  Take a week to try a different path or respond differently to a pattern and see what happens!

No comments: