Friday, September 19, 2014

Embrace Change

Embrace Change ©2014 Joan M. Newcomb

I started writing this talking about the tough times people are going through, then realized it was exactly like a post I started writing a month ago, and scrapped in favor of a more uplifting message.  I'm doing the same again.

Listen, I know tough times.  I've survived an overdose, abuse, betrayal, divorce, poverty, loss, death.  And I honestly can't say what kept me from jumping off a ferry at times.  But I'm glad I did. I want to give a higher perspective of what it's all about:

Seasons are changing, trees and plants are going through new cycles, it's time to move on. This planet is all about creating and destroying, and each part of the cycle is equally creative, from the perspective of Consciousness.

If you try to hold on to what is going away, it's going to be extraordinarily painful. Trying to stop the flow of life is like trying to stop a river with your hands.

This doesn't mean you can't change your reality. You can reverse a fatal illness, you can get out of a soul destroying job, you can thrive after abuse. But change comes with letting go, you don't fight what isn't working.

Sometimes your Universal Self helps you change by creating circumstances that are "straws that break the camel's back". Situations from which there is no turning back. Forcing you to hit bottom so there's no way to go but up.

Things happen that shatter your sense of self, and you have to reinvent your life. It's like not remodeling your house until there's a fire or earthquake.

Consciousness (your Universal Self) views all this with amusement and neutrality.  This world is Your playground, Your whole purpose is to create. Nothing is ever truly lost, nothing ever truly dies, energy transforms.

Beings leave their bodies, but they still exist as Essence. At a greater level, as Consciousness, there is no separation, we're all still connected.

At some point, I realized that in order to live to a ripe old age, I'll have to get used to loss.  So here's my greater perspective on that:

Embrace change, welcome the new, open your arms to what is out there.  You are your own parent and midwife, birthing you into a new experience with each breath.

You ARE Consciousness, this is your playground, go out there and play!














.







No comments: