Friday, July 29, 2016

Who's Doing The Talking? ©2016 Joan M. Newcomb

Who's Doing The Talking? ©2016 Joan M. Newcomb

I've developed the habit of talking to myself in groceries stores (which would look so much better if only I were wearing a bluetooth).  I noticed today that I was offering myself suggestions by calling myself "you".

"You don't really need to get frozen blueberries. You only add them to your oatmeal, and you're not cooking oatmeal in the summer."
The Inner Voice (1920) 

Okay... who's doing the talking?

The other thing I've noticed is that sensitivity has increased everywhere and in everyone. I'm noticing family members' energy with more clarity than ever before. And, I'm also noticing national and global collective growth. Consciousness is coming more into form. People are feeling it.

Our "stuff" is coming up.

How I noticed it in myself was comparing myself to very capable and accomplished women who are being highlighted in the news today.  My resume looks quite different. I started sagging under 'compare and despair'.

So I decided to call on the me that calls me you to be the active voice.

"Oh, please, it's apples and oranges. These women went to law school. You went through mystery school training. You went through coach training.You all have had lives of service, your work has been helping people for 35 years. Just because you work in the unseen realms doesn't mean you haven't had an impact in the world."

That voice is kinda like the coach that tells the player after they've been tackled to "shake it off".

Wow, this is very useful. I'd much rather have *this* aspect of me in charge of my narrative than the whiney me. Really, she shouldn't talk much at all (in public, at any rate). Don't let her answer the phone!!

We are all multifaceted beings. We exist on a spectrum. At any moment, any aspect of ourselves can take charge. And our enjoyment of life is affected by who's doing the talking. As Consciousness, we are wise and all knowing, calm and accepting, amused and lighthearted. Any aspect of you that is moody, emotional, dramatic... ain't your Higher Self.

You are an Infinite Being, you are Consciousness, and yet how often is this greater aspect of you in charge?

What I noticed, when I let myself as Consciousness do most of the talking, is that I feel reassured. I'm glad the part of me that knows what it's doing is leading the way. When I shift my viewpoint that this is me, it shifts my perspective of life.

I feel more confident and capable as Consciousness.

Imagine what your life would be like if you as Consciousness were leading the conversation in your head. What different choices would you be making? What different actions would you be taking?

You can start to do this as easily as having a conversation with your Self in the car. Or journaling as the greater You. You'd be amazed at your own insightfulness!

Try this for the next few days and see what happens!

No comments: