Friday, December 28, 2018

How Can You Get Ready Before You’re Ready? ©2018 Joan M. Newcomb, CPC

There some huge energetic changes in store for 2019. How can you get ready for them when you’re still in 2018? 

I’m back in the Northwest for a month before returning to Queens, NY to continue helping my brother recover from a stroke. 

Manhattan glistening in the morning sun, from Queens
It’s a huge growth space.

I’m still decompressing from the intense physical and emotional work I’ve been doing. And yet there are things I need to set in place while I’m here, so that I can continue with my business into the next year.
It may seem counter-intuitive to schedule activities before you feel ready, and yet that’s exactly how you get yourself ready as well.

Think of it as you as Consciousness taking care of your future self.

This can be in tiny ways. When I left my brother’s in New York, I stuffed my purse full of Earl Grey tea bags, only to discover I’d left myself a nearly full box from my previous visit.

It can be in major ways as well. I had a conversation recently with a woman who was struggling with maintaining her career while caring for two elderly parents. She had no children herself and her career not only supported herself, but ensured her retirement (caring for her future self).

In my present frame of mind, I just want to spend the next four weeks in bed drinking earl grey tea and looking at Facebook. And yet as I write that, I feel a stirring of discontent.

Because it’s only my body-personality that wants to stay in bed, that can’t imagine interacting with people because it can’t imagine beyond this present moment. 

My mind is a sneaky bugger that also wants to convince me to take no action because, as Consciousness, navigating reality is done improvisationally. Stay in bed, that’s responding to the present moment, it says.

So there’s some truth to not preplanning because it could just be your mind wanting to control your future.

How to stay open to possibilities, and yet also set yourself in motion for them to happen.

This reality is full of polarities. That’s what makes it so delicious.

Consciousness is creating this reality for the joy of having physical experiences. That is all. It doesn’t matter to Consciousness whether those experiences feel good or bad, are long or short in duration. It’s all about the experience. And Consciousness’ impulse is to create, to express itself in form. 

When we line up with ourselves as Consciousness, we are in agreement with whatever is happening in the moment. When we make choices and take actions as Consciousness, then the resulting experiences feel fun or pleasant or at the very least “right”.

So as you look towards 2019, you can put things on your calendar, and set things in motion, that you as your 2018 self may not feel ready for. But that you as infinite Consciousness have already embraced.

Try this and see what unfolds for you!






















No comments: