Sunday, August 15, 2021

Havingness

Havingness ©2021 Joan M. Newcomb, CPC

I have recently achieved Alaska’s Gold 75+ elite status. These miles were earned the hard way, flying super saver fares, sitting in the far back of the plane (by the rest rooms), every month for the last three years. In 2020, I racked up 75k during the pandemic. I must have visited every Covid testing place in Long Island.

I have recently achieved Alaska’s Gold 75+ elite status. These miles were earned the hard way, flying super saver fares, sitting in the far back of the plane (by the rest rooms), every month for the last three years. In 2020, I racked up 75k during the pandemic. I must have visited every Covid testing place in Long Island.

Because Alaska has gone back to making super saver fares nonrefundable (they were allowing the fees to go into wallet to be reused), I’ve had to start spending $40 more for tickets since my sister-in-law’s chemo schedule is only confirmed 4-6 weeks at a time. I currently have flights booked for the next three months.

Main cabin fares bring perks I hadn’t anticipated. Yesterday morning, I got an email saying I was upgraded to First Class, seat 4C. I was chuffed.

This morning they announced they had to change to a smaller plane and were oversold. Everyone’s seat assignment changed. They would assign seated at the gate.

I sat at the airport waiting to find out what mine was going to be.

Just before we started boarding I discovered my new seat was 8D. Two rows behind first class. Premium has extra leg room. My seats mates are a mom, a kid, and a dog.

Still better than 36D.

So this got me reflecting on Havingness. The ability to have. Everything in our reality reflects our havingness. Our creation as Consciousness.

Here’s the thing. There is no good nor bad as Consciousness. Everything reflects Consciousness’ creativity. If your life is full of crap, it’s equally as creative as a life full of blessings.

If you want to expand your havingness, you have to let go of your preconceived and unconscious notions of what you can or can’t have.

So my havingness didn’t quite expand to First Class this trip, but it easily slid into Premium class.

I’ve been helping my brother and sister in law since September 2018, three weeks a month. The first two and a half years of flying to NYC every month from Seattle, I slept on the sofa in the living room of their apartment. This February they moved to a 2 bedroom apartment and I got the second bedroom. For the time being, when she retired they’ll probably have to rent it but by then I hope to only be coming out ten days a month or less. 

My havingness upped to having my own room but hasn’t expanded to being home more.

I’m expanding in other ways, however. Internally I’ve expanded in emotional maturity. I’ve become less introverted and better able to work in teams. My relationships with husband and adult kids are good.

Flying first class would be a fun perk. But the real expansion is as Consciousness, and the ripple effect is infinite.

No comments: