Friday, August 13, 2021

Upgrading God

 Upgrading God ©2021 Joan M. Newcomb, CPC

Last weekend I was at a conference where a white judge from Texas (not acting in his professional capacity but using his legal expertise to manipulate our voting system) wanted to enforce a rigid and antiquated interpretation of the group's guidelines. It excludes the experience of a large number of participants. He did something like this last year, which led to 12 months of discord and contention within the organization.

This year the majority of attendees expressed a desire to be inclusive. He managed to get the last word in before the first gathering was ending, with an attempt to back up his claims using gender specific terms for God.

His viewpoint is that if we expand our interpretation, the organization will die.

What's actually dying, is old paradigms of power, old paradigms of gender, old paradigms of privilege and exclusivity. It's his version of reality that is dying. His attempt to exert control, if successful, would lead to the death of the organization.

But that's not going to happen, because the majority of members are committed to growth and clarity.

I'm working with a mentee who was raised in a conservative religious cult, and the male gendered version of God was actually preventing her spiritual growth. I suggested calling God "she", and it completely expanded her worldview. She uses "Goddess" in her prayers and feels more trusting that it's a benevolent Universe.

A few years ago, I went through yet another frigging upgrade from the 5D one I already went through in 2006. I'd already experienced the Universe being benevolent. I liked that version of spiritual software. But in 2016, my version of God expanded. As a child I was raised Presbyterian, with the old man with a beard God who was also punishing, non-forgiving, and withholding. In my early twenties, it changed to the Universe, that I could call on ("Hey, U"!) any time and feel everything surrounding me become sharper and brighter. When I went to Findhorn times in my late thirties, I experienced being enveloped in Love, and when I studied with David Spangler in my early forties, I experienced that same Love again, falling into it fearing I would lose myself and yet finding myself more clearly defined within it.

But then it became Consciousness, and I Am Consciousness, both encompassing and within. And it wasn't just accessing God Within, it was Consciousness within and the absolute knowing that I Am Consciousness.

And that really tripped me up. It was so foreign to the belief that God is a power greater than you, an intelligence greater than myself, something to surrender to, turn my will and my life over to the care of...

How do I do that when it's me? Consciousness doesn't have a heirarchy. There's no more than or less than. You don't give up space to it. It doesn't make sense to. 

So I spent a good four years arm wrestling with it, feeling almost atheist. 

And now it's turning around. I Am Consciousness and the part of me that is arm wrestling myself is my body personality, my horse. When I operate as Consciousness, everything lines up and manifests easily and effortlessly.

Consciousness is greater than the Hologram. It's greater than the avatar playing in the hologram. And yet it is the life force within every cell that makes up the character that is me and the seemingly solid objects within the hologram.

There is no power in the hologram and to try to shadow box with it will make you feel powerless.

Drop the fight and more possibilities open up. 

But I also realize that this experience of Consciousness is not fixed. It expands, it contracts. Because it's Earth the opposite will feel true. 

We're all going through a Consciousness upgrade. For some of us we've gone to our general settings and clicked "Install now".  For some of us it's going to happen while we sleep and when we wake up we'll discover half of our apps no longer work.

In my experience, it's a lot more pleasant to click 'Install now" and be in agreement with the expansion than to remain unconscious.

What do you want to do?

No comments: